Joseph La Fleur is believed to have been born in Dinal Co., or Corwall, Canada and died in S. Plantagenet Twp., Prescot Co., Canada on October 8, 1878. He was employed as a blacksmith. He was married to Mary Ann La Feivre on November 9, 1868. She was born in Cornwell or Fournierville, Prescott Co. Canada on July 12 1850 and died at the home Manley and Harriett Bell on March 5, 1923. They had nine children:
Mary (Curtis) Simons, Joe La Fluer and Cora La Fluer
Joe La Fleur and Grandchildren
1. Joseph Nepolean La Fleur, born in Ptangernerat Twp, Canada on September 7, 1869 and died at Curtisville, Michigan on Jan 22, 1951. He was married to Cora Simons.
- Truman H. La Fluer, Sr. b.1900, d. 1994. Interred in Curtisville Cemetery, Row 7, Lot 70. He was married to Florence (Flossie) Taylor.
- Baby La Fleur, still born girl, Dec 19, 1927
- Turman Harry La Fluer, Jr., b. 1932, d. 1980. Interred in Curtisville Cemetery, Row 7, Lot 70
- Ethel La Fluer, b. July 1902, d. Mar 14, 1985 in Hazel Park, Michigan. She married a James Floyd Durand on September 9, 1925.
- Milton La Fluer, b. November 5, 1905 in Curtisville, Michgian, d. November 28 1989. He was married to Lorraine Dudock..
- Franklin La Fluer, b. August 25, 1913, d. May 25, 1996 in Florida. He was married to Jane Brodie.
Fred La Fleur posing with the deer he shot on the Gordon Farm
- Fredrick La Fluer, b. Feb 8, 1908 in Curtisville, Michigan, d. March 15, 1983.Phillip William La Fleur, d. September 19, 1918, age 8 years, 7 days
- Wanetta Leona La Fleur, d. November 1, 1929, age 10 years, 11 months, 2 day.
Fred La Fleur and Richard Curria
Harry La Fleur and Marie with pet deer Nancy
2. William John La Fleur, born Gengary, Ontario, Canada, on May 23, 1872 and died in Wisconsin. He was employed as a blacksmith. He was married to Cora Moore. She died in Mikado, Michigan on July 1, 1934
- Manley La Fleur, killed on the beach at Normandy. France
- Annie La Fluer
- Kate La Fleur
- Bruce La Fleur
- Ruby La Fleur
- Hattie La Fleur
- Oliver La Fleur
3. Marie Louise Margaret La Fleur was born on November 12, 1872. She was married to William Smith, Benjamin Tinkham, and August Neps.
4. Josephine Marie La Fleur was born on Jan 11, 1876 and died at Los Angeles, California on February 6 1954. She was married to Joseph Bell, Jobe Ivens, and Joseph Cripes.
Donald and Iva (Smith) La Fleur
Donald and Iva (Smith) La Fleur
Donald La Fleur - September 8, 1908
This photograph must have been take at another location because of the building in the background.
Lyle Bell and Donald La Fleur
5. Donald Arthur La Fleur was born in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada on November 23, 1877 and died at Topinabee, Michigan on August 8, 1958, He was married to Iva Smith and Bertha Halapeter.
Donald La Fleur and Bertha Simons
William Trotter and Dewey La Fleur
6. Harriet Theodora (Hattie) La Fleur was born in Scotch River, Ontario, Canada. She was married to Manley Bell.
7. Adam La Fleur was born on March 12, 1883 and died on December 17, 1886.
8. Andrew George La Fleur was born on May 24, 1885 and died on December 17, 1886.
9. Clara Emma La Fleur was born in Au Sable, Iosco County, Michigan on February 12, 1888 and died in Ashland, Wisconsin in 1896.
Mary Ann La Feivre second husband was James Barnes who owned a squaring mill on the southeast corner of Bamfield and Curtisville roads in Curtisville, Michigan.
La Fleur Brothers and Mother’s Funeral: Milton, Truman, Frank and Fred
Mame La Fluer
Fred La Fluer and Richard Curtis
Wanetta La Fluer and Arbutus Bell
Onita La Fleur