The Curleys were early pioneers. The followed the lumbering north. They took homestead land in Seciton 7 of Curtis Township. They timbered off their land, taking the lumber to the mill at South Branch. The mill was owned by Frank Trudell. Henry and Hugh Curley were excellent stone and brick masons.
Henry and Degretha Curley Tom, Esther, Lyle, Louise and Pete Curley
Henry Curley was born in 1855 and died in 1941. He was married to Degrethia VanIdour. She was born in Kingston, Ontario in 1870 and died in 1943. They had eleven children:
- Myrtle b. 1891
- Hugh b. 1896
- Nellie b 1912
Robinson’s Mill - 1914
Back row: Maude Curley, Wesely Redmond, Orra Spencer, Isabelle Curley. Front row: Roy Curley, Bill ?, and unknown
Charles Henry Curley was born in 1872 and died in 1930. He was the son of Thomas Hugh Curley (1872) and Susanna Everson (1837-1923). He was married to Rosamund Riviere (1876-1946) . Charles worked as a lumberman and painter. They had nine children:
- Roy Curley b. 1893, d. 1923, Roy was crushed to death in a construction accident during the construction of Alcona Dam.
- Raymond Curley, b. 1896, d. 1970. He was married to Ruth Coppler in 1922.
- Elmer Curley, b. 1896, d. 1969, He was married to Ruby Deacon (1905-1991).
- Dorothy Curley, b. 1909. Died at the age of nine months.
- Mae Curley, b. 1901, d. 1965. Her first husband was ? Cummings. Her second husband was William Johnson.
- Olive Curley, b. 1905, d. 2000. Her first husband was Edward Adams (1902-1983). Her second husband was Loyd Fralick. Her third husband was Elmon Georgio
- Walter Curley, b. 1907, d. 1978. He was married to Lemoyne Carter;
- Harry Curley, b. 1901, d. 1986. He was married to Helen Merkel (1910-1988).
- Floyd Curley, b. 1912, d. 1992. He was married to Bessie Elsworth
Warren Curley b. 1866. He was married to Margaret Hebalsymer, b. 1872, d. 1935. Warren worked at the Gates Mill in Bay City. They came to Curtisville much later than his brothers. They had one son:
- Hugh Curley. Hugh was married to Evelyn Sayce. They had two daughters:
- Lynn Curley
- Stephanie Curley.
Maude & Isabell Curley
The Curley’s 1955 - Ester, Maude, Mabel, Louise, John & Lyle
John (Jack) Curley Family
Prisoner of War on Burma Road during World War II
John (Jack) Curley, brother of Warren Curley
Susan Curley b. 1837, d. 1924
Hugh (Hood) married Olive Spencer d. Apr 11, 1992, age 45 yrs, 8 mths. They had no children. They took Bessie Spencer to raise as Bessie's mother had died. Bessie's mother was Olivia Spencer Curley's sister. Olive died at the age of 42. In later years Hugh married Mrs. Mac Coleman, a widow.